The Technological chain : How one lead to another
Smartphone → Android → Android Application
IBM revealed a revolutionary device that had more capabilities than its preceding cell phones. This prototype was the world’s first “Smartphone” was known as the Simon Personal Communicator in 1995. After 13 years, there was the emergence of Android. Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google, based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open source software and designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets Android was unveiled in 2007, with the first commercial Android device launched in September 2008. The operating system has since gone through multiple major releases, with the current version being 9.0 "Pie", released in August 2018. The HTC Dream was the first ever smartphone to ship with the Android operating system. The first commercially available smartphone running Android was the HTC Dream, released on October 22, 2008. Htc Launched the first android phone in 2008.
Android is also associated with a suite of proprietary software developed by Google, called Google Mobile Services that very frequently comes pre-installed in devices, which usually includes :
● Google Chrome web browser and Google Search.
● And always includes core apps for services such as Gmail.
● As well as the application store Google Play.
● Digital distribution platform and associated development platform.
● These apps are licensed by manufacturers of Android devices certified under standards
imposed by Google.
A smartphone that runs on Android OS is an Android phone.
A mobile app or mobile application is a computer program designed to run on a mobile device such as a phone/tablet or watch. An Android app is a software application running on the Android platform. Because the Android platform is built for mobile devices, a typical Android app is designed for a smartphone or a tablet PC running on the Android OS. Android application development is the process by which new applications are created for devices running the Android operating system. With major business entities like Walmart, Amazon, Flipkart, Bank of India, etc. eyeing to engage and sell through mobiles, android application development is witnessing a transformation.
Android Studio :
Android Studio is the official integrated development environment (IDE) for Google's Android operating system, built on JetBrain IntelliJ IDEA software and designed specifically for Android development. It is available for download on Windows, macOS and Linux based operating systems. It is a replacement for the Eclipse Android Development Tools (ADT) as the primary IDE for native Android application development.
Building an Android App:
● The official language for Android development is Java.
● Large parts of Android are written in Java and its APIs are designed to be called
primarily from Java.
● Android only reuses the Java language syntax and semantics, but it does not provide the
full class libraries and APIs bundled with Java SE or ME.
● There are multiple tools in the market from companies such as Myriad Group and
UpOnTek that provide Java ME to Android conversion services.
● Android provides its own GUI classes.
● It is also possible to develop C and C++ app using the Android Native Development Kit
● While Android doesn’t support native Python development, there are tools that let you
create apps in Python and then convert them into APKs that successfully run on Android
● Some languages/programming tools allow cross-platform app support, i.e. for both
Android and iOS.
Kotlin – The emerging language for android app development
➔ Pinterest is one of the biggest name that have used Kotlin for Android App Development.
➔ The world renowned online courses app is based on Kotlin as well.
➔ Uber uses Kotlin for Internal Tooling process.
At Future Revolution, Bangalore, We have team of fervent and independent professional application makers. Our expertise in app development has given us strength to do any challenging chore.
We concentrate on characteristics such as :
● Speed and Performance
● Push Notification
● User feedback
● Social Media Connectivity
● Tracking and Analytics
● Integrated Mobile Payments
● Simple yet Responsive design
● Customization Option
We help clients in completing their projects effectively. If you have any requirements of an Android Application or if you have a website and are looking into turning it into an Android Application, they feel free to contact us.