Website optimization is something everyone who runs a website must know of. We all know how important SEO friendly website development is for any kind of website. If you are running your business online, you should have a fair idea about how to grow your traffic on your website, what are different Digital Marketing Services that can totally change the online presence, how ads work and so on.
In a day, we make many queries on Google, from seeing the horoscope of the day to searching about complex algorithms. Google knows everything! We all know the services and products that Google provides. Until you run a business online, we never bother to know about Adwords, Analytics, etc. Since we are already talking about Google Adwords, let us see what it is all about and how is it helpful for your website.
Advertising is a marketing communication that employs an openly sponsored, non-personal message to promote or sell a product, service or idea. It started from the time when there were radios and then ads on television were the best way to reach out to the customers. By the 21st century, with the advent of the ad server, online advertising grew. Google changed online advertising by personalizing ads based on web browsing behavior.
Let us say that someone made a search for something that your business provides or that your website contains. Now, depending on the terms related to your business, your ad can appear on the top or bottom of the Google search results page with an ad label. Your ad’s placement is primarily based on how relevant and useful it is to what the person searched for, your bid, and a few other factors.
There are organic results which show results based on the content of the website and are unpaid links. The more relevant the site is to the search term, the higher the link will appear in the list. Your related website could appear here, but your ad won’t.
With the increase in the influence of social media, Social Media Marketing has gained popularity.Sometimes, when we are on a website, let’s say Facebook, and recently we searched about online shopping, you get ads of Amazon, Shein etc. So, how does all this work?
So, Google Ads’ system is based on cookies and partly on keywords which are determined by the advertiser. Advertisers pay when users divert their browsing to click on the advertising copy. The website on which this ad is hosted on gets part of the income generated.
Role of Keywords
You know your services, products or content that you are showing to your prospective clients. Keywords are words or phrases which are given by you when you set up the Google Ads Campaign. According to you, these keywords are the potential word that they will search for if they want products or services that you provide. By matching your keywords with the ads you create, you make it possible for your ad to show when someone searches for similar terms or visits a website with related content.
Google Ads calculates a score, called Ad Rank, for every ad in the auction. The ad with the highest Ad Rank appears in the top position. Ad rank has five factors:
- Your Bid– Setting a bid, in other words, is to set the maximum amount that you are willing to pay for a click on your ad. The amount you actually pay is lesser than the bid value. You can also change your bid.
- Quality of the ads and the landing page – Google Ads also looks at how relevant and useful your ad and the website it links to are to the person who’ll see it.
- Ad rank threshold- to ensure high-quality ads, there is a minimum quality threshold that needs to be maintained.
- Search context – With the ad auction, context matters. When calculating Ad Rank, Google looks at the search terms the person has entered, geographical location at the time of a search, type of device used (such as computers or mobile phones), the other ads and search results that show on the page, and other user signals and attributes.
- The expected impact from your ad extensions and other ad formats – Google Ads estimates how extensions and other ad formats you use will impact your ad’s performance.
When choosing keywords for your AdWords campaigns different matching options are available. The two main keyword match options include the following:
- Broad Match: This reaches the most users by showing your ad whenever your keyword is searched for.
- Negative Match: This option prevents your ad from showing when a word or phrase you specify is searched for.
- Phrase Match: Your ad is shown for searches that match the exact phrase.
- Exact Match: Your ad is shown for searches that match the exact phrase exclusively.
Now, matches are based on the search queries which are fed into the search engine. We get to see a million websites on the result page. But, we only go through the websites that appear on the first page and most of the times we get our answers there. Because Google shows the most relevant web pages on the first page based on the keywords that we searched for. This algorithm is called PageRank, used by Google which is used to rank websites in their search engine.
According to Google, PageRank works by counting the number and quality of links to a page to determine a rough estimate of how important the website is. The underlying assumption is that more important websites are likely to receive more links from other websites.Currently, PageRank is not the only algorithm used, but it the first and it is the best-known.
So, Ads and PageRank are two relative terms which mostly runs on the concept of the content that you have on your website. Along with these technologies, there are other things that you need to keep in your mind while putting up your business online, such as Social Media Marketing without which it can become very difficult for you to reach your audience.
At Future Revolution, a Website Design Company Bangalore provides you with all these solutions for your business needs. With developing a website, be it WordPress website design or anything from scratch, all according to your needs, we have got your back on the ads with Google Adwords along with SEO,SMO and much more to offer.